Kidney Transplant Program
Nationally-Recognized Kidney Transplant Program
The Kidney Transplant Program at Emory Transplant Center ranks as one of the most prestigious transplant programs in the country. Emory’s team of specialists is highly skilled in the care of kidney transplant patients and living donors . We will work with you every step of the way in your transplant journey.
- Perfomed Georgia’s 1st kidney transplant and more than 5,000 kidney transplants to date
- At the forefront of kidney transplant research and development of immunosuppressant agents
- Offering Living Donor Program with Paired Donor Kidney Exchange
Emory’s Living Donor Kidney Transplant Program
Emory’s Kidney Transplant Program encourages living kidney donation transplants for the following reasons:
- A kidney donation from a living donor provides the greatest chance for long-term success.
- No waiting means earlier kidney transplantation, which improves the survival of the transplanted kidney.
- Kidneys from living donors have an excellent chance of immediately regaining function after transplantation.
Family members, spouses or friends are eligible for kidney donation. The minimum age for donation is 18 years old. Certain medical conditions, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, or a history of cancer may affect a person's ability to donate. The Emory kidney transplant team will evaluate each potential kidney donation candidate donor very carefully.
For questions about our Kidney Transplant Program or Living Donor Kidney Program, call 855-EMORYTX (366-7989).
HighlightsView all research and innovation
Emory's transplant programs continue to provide excellent transplant outcomes in patient and graft survival rates.
Research & Clinical Trials
We offer an exceptionally active research and development program that is seamlessly integrated into the clinical program.
Transplant Video Gallery
Hear from our patients and how their lives have been transformed through transplantation.
Mason Guest House
The Mason Guest House is a private retreat that offers low-cost housing for organ transplant candidates, recipients, living donors and their families.
How Can We Help You Today?
Need help? We will be delighted to assist you today, so please call us at 404-778-7777. We look forward to hearing from you.
Find Treatment Locations
Matching Emory Locations
No MatchSee Location Results
Matching Emory Specialists
No MatchSee Specialist Results
Talk to Our Nurses
Registered nurses can help you find a location or specialist that’s right for you.