Details on the new bed tower
If you’ve been on the Clifton Campus, you’ve noticed a lot of construction happening! The variety of projects taking place are preparing for the arrival of the new hospital tower, which will provide additional beds and clinical space on the Clifton Campus. Keep checking this site for the latest updates on our building progress, upcoming projects and photos.
Stay up to date with the EUH hospital tower progress in the Building our future together newsletter. The January/February 2017 edition features the new EUH bridge opening and dates for the old bridge demo. Also featured, an update on the Clifton Streetscape project. Click here to download a copy or look for printed copies at EUH in areas frequented by patients.
Assignment of Patient Care Units
- Planning and design teams with representation from physicians, nurses, direct support care providers, administrators, and patient and family advisors have been regularly meeting for many months.
- To date, more than 100 individuals have participated in the array of standing and ad-hoc committees, as well as user group teams. These teams have provided tremendous input based upon the evaluation criteria, including enhancing the patient/family experience, optimizing operational efficiencies for clinical care teams, evaluating the necessary associations for spaces and related infrastructure, and considering unique space planning opportunities for our care models.
After full consideration of input by these teams, the final recommendation for assignment of patient care units to specific levels of the J-wing was recently made to the EUH Expansion Program Executive Committee who unanimously approved the recommendation as follows (view a map below):
- Level 9 –Bone Marrow Transplant
- Level 8 – Hematology & Medical Oncology
- Level 7 – Surgical Specialties, including Surgical Oncology, Urology, Gynecology and Gynecology Oncology
- Level 6 – Solid Organ Transplant (kidney, liver and pancreas)
- Level 5 (South) – Critical Care
- Level 5 (North) – Unassigned
- Level 4 - Under development
- Level 3 - Under development
- Level 2 - Food services and retail
- Level 1 - Anesthesia Pre-op Clinic and Imaging
- Underground parking
90-Day Project Look Ahead
- Drywall and finishes throughout the hospital tower will be complete.
- Lower level of the new Clifton Bridge will open to the public.
- Existing pedestrian bridge will be demolished.
- Exterior streetscape in front of the hospital will begin.