Conditions & Treatments
The Ryan White Program at Emory Midtown Infectious Disease Clinic strives to offer our clients access to additional services in addition to their primary care services. Emory Midtown ID has collaborative relationships with several agencies that offer a variety of services to assist our HIV/AIDS patients with maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle. The services that are provided through these relationships include the following: Mental Health and talk therapy are available daily along with access to nutritional counseling and dental services.
ALAFIA Project (Mental Health and Talk Therapy)
- The ALAFIA Project is part of the Emory University Department of Psychiatry and offers a variety of mental health services and mental health wellness services that nurture the mind, body and spirit. The ALAFIA Project is designed to help decrease barriers to care by providing creative, culturally aware, on-site services at three locations to persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- The project provides mental health and wellness services including but not limited to individual, group and family counseling as well as HIV education, stress management and community referrals.
Positive Impact (Mental Health and Talk Therapy)
- Facilitates culturally competent mental health and prevention services for people affected by HIV and AIDS. Positive Impact also provides substance abuse treatment for the HIV infected, as well as HIV testing and counseling.
- Serves over 3700 clients with direct services and hundreds of mental health professionals through training and education each year. Positive Impact produces several professional training workshops on HIV and mental health, manages a student internship program, assists agencies with organizing mental health-related trainings, provides outreach to homeless individuals living with HIV, group support for clients recovering from substance abuse, and a Hispanic program serving Spanish-speaking clients.
Link to Positive Impact
Project Open Hand (Nutrition Education and Counseling)
- Appropriate healthcare providers at Emory Midtown ID work collaboratively with Registered Dietitians providing Medical Nutrition Therapy Nutrition Services including nutrition assessment, diagnosis, education and counseling, and follow-up for clients.
- Emory Midtown ID refers eligible clients in need of nutrition services (including home-delivered meals and food pantry assistance) to Open Hand Client Services.
- Nutritional Counseling is provided every other Tuesday and every Wednesday at the Emory Midtown ID Campus.
Link to Open Hand Nutrition Services
Emory Saint Joseph's Mercy Care Services (Oral Health and Education)
- Provides medical and dental care, health education/disease prevention and social services to Atlanta's medically underserved persons (including homeless, disabled, mentally ill and substance dependent persons, and persons who are living with HIV or AIDS) through its early intervention program.
- Provides dental care to eligible clients from Emory Midtown Infectious Disease Clinic. The referral process is initiated for clients for their initial visit and the appointment availability is based on availability of Emory Saint Joseph's Mercy Care Services schedule.
Please contact the clinic or talk to your provider if interested in participating in these services.
NewsView all News
Emory Healthcare news from the Emory News Center
Portions of Clifton Road closed this weekend for bridge demolition
February 23, 2017
Emory University Hospital opens new pedestrian bridge to hospital tower
February 21, 2017
Are we facing a future without antibiotics?
February 20, 2017
Emory Orthopaedics & Spine Center welcomes new physician, expands Johns Creek clinic
February 20, 2017
Emory Transplant Center performs its first HIV-positive kidney transplant from HIV-positive donor
February 14, 2017
Emory Saint Joseph's offers advanced radiosurgery for the brain
February 13, 2017
Emory ALS Center receives recognition as Certified Treatment Center of Excellence
February 13, 2017
Emory Sports Medicine offers 3D printed knee replacement in Johns Creek
February 09, 2017
Emory raising awareness during American Heart Month
February 03, 2017
Emory physicians care for Atlanta Falcons on their journey to the Super Bowl
February 02, 2017