Special Diagnostic Services
Refer Your Patient
Thank you for considering the Emory Special Diagnostic Services (ESDS) team.
The ESDS clinic focuses our evaluation of the following type of patient population:
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Presence of unexplained and significant symptoms, yet diagnosis remains unknown despite prior evaluation.
• High suspicion of or known malignancy without known cause, type or site location.
How to Refer a Patient
If your patient meets the stated criteria, please complete the Physician Referral Form and fax to 404-778-0980.
Our Nurse Navigator will review the information and contact you within 2 business days, if your patient is accepted. If you have additional questions about our referral process, please contact a member of our team at 404-778-0990.
Support We Provide
We attempt to reach a definitive diagnosis for each patient. Once the evaluation is complete, patients are referred back to their referring provider(s) or referred to the appropriate specialist for continued treatment. Our ESDS clinicians do not provide ongoing care.
- If the patient HAS a referring physician: the ESDS team provides referring physicians with updated information about their patient’s progress throughout the evaluation. Referring physicians are also copied on the summation report issued at the conclusion of care.
- If the patient DOES NOT HAVE a referring physician: the ESDS team aims to link patients to available resources within the Emory Healthcare network, expediting referrals and ongoing treatment. These resources include but are not limited to:
Emory Special Diagnostic Services
1365 Clifton Road, NE | Building A, 1st Floor | Atlanta, GA 30322
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. | 404-778-0990 | Self parking and valet available
How Can We Help You Today?
Need help? We will be delighted to assist you today, so please call us at 404-778-7777. We look forward to hearing from you.