Though your veins and arteries are tiny, they can have a big impact on the health of your heart, brain, kidneys and many other organs. Over 80 million Americans have health problems related to their blood vessels, from blood clots to varicose veins.
Emory Clinic vascular surgeons use delicate, specialized tools and techniques to diagnose and treat vascular diseases. We clear away blockages, attach new blood vessels onto old blood vessels and keep blood vessels open with stents (wire mesh tubes). These techniques help your blood flow smoothly throughout your body so your cells stay healthy.
Emory Clinic vascular surgeons offer you the latest vascular surgery techniques, often delivering care through just one tiny incision. These minimally invasive procedures lower your risk of bleeding, pain and infection while speeding up your recovery time.
We provide many treatment options, including:
- Balloon angioplasty to widen narrow blood vessels
- Advanced technologies to treat peripheral arterial disease
- Surgery to restore blood flow (revascularization)
- Stents to support arteries and keep blood vessels open
- Carotid endarterectomy to clean plaque build-up out of your carotid artery, reducing your risk of stroke
- Thrombolytic therapy to break up blood clots quickly
- Laser and radiofrequency treatments for varicose veins
- Sclerotherapy to close spider veins using medicines
Innovations to improve your vascular health
As researchers at Emory University School of Medicine, Emory Clinic vascular surgeons have helped develop and improve vascular surgery for decades. We continue to offer numerous clinical trials so you have more treatment options.
Our surgeons improve the lives of people with vascular diseases, studying new ways to:
- Return blood flow to limbs to reduce the need for amputations.
- Improve the safety of vascular surgery
- Find genetic risk factors for vascular disease
- Create artificial blood vessels and venous valves
- Reduce the need for open surgeries to treat aortic dissections
Our research helps you receive safe, effective care and gives you access to the latest developments in vascular surgery.
Emory Clinic Vascular Surgery
Find Treatment Locations
Matching Emory Locations
No MatchSee Location Results
Matching Emory Specialists
No MatchSee Specialist Results
Talk to Our Nurses
Registered nurses can help you find a location or specialist that’s right for you.
404 778 7777