Brain Tumor Program
Emory’s Brain Tumor Program is comprised of a comprehensive group of multidisciplinary experts specializing in neuro-oncology. Collaborating with with oncologists at the Emory Winship Cancer Institute, our neurosurgeons perform procedures for nervous system and brain tumors, as well as the neurological complications of cancer. Emory offers the only brain tumor program in Georgia with neurosurgeons, neuro-oncologists, neuropathologists, neuro-ophthalmologists, neuroradiologists and radiation oncologists dedicated to brain tumor diagnosis and treatment. We are also the only program in the state with full membership in the two national research groups with the largest adult brain research efforts.
The Emory Winship Cancer Institute is the first medical facility in Georgia to have earned the coveted National Cancer Institute (NCI) Cancer Center designation. As an NCI-designated center, Winship joins an elite group of 64 cancer centers nationwide that are on the forefront of the battle against cancer.
Why Choose Emory:
- Emory has more than 30 faculty members on our physician team, making us home to the strongest brain tumor research center in the state of Georgia. Coordination of care between neurosurgery, neurology, neuroradiology, neuro-ophthalmology, oncology and rehabilitation medicine means patients receive exceptional care, based on advanced medical research and techniques.
- Each year, our neurosurgeons perform over 600 operations on brain tumors.
- Emory offers access to clinical trials available only through NCI-designated cancer centers and participating centers in the RTOG and ABTC.
- We utilize state-of-the-art equipment, including a 3-D endoscope, a functional magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanner, an MRI perfusion scanner, a computed tomography angiography (CTA) scanner, a CTA perfusion scanner and a positron-emission tomography/CT (PET/CT) 600 scanner.
- Emory is the first cancer program in Georgia to offer radiosurgery for brain and spinal tumors. This unique approach is a non-invasive treatment that uses focused beams of ionized radiation, and is especially helpful for localized, highly-precise treatment of tumors. In the last 20 years, physicians at Winship have treated over 1000 patients with radiosurgery.
- Patients have access to multiple complementary treatments, including nutritional counseling, lymphedema treatments and pain management.
- An array of cancer survivorship resources are available for patients, including the monthly Emory Brain Tumor Support Group.
How Can We Help You Today?
Need help? We will be delighted to assist you today, so please call us at 404-778-7777. We look forward to hearing from you.
Find Treatment Locations
Matching Emory Locations
No MatchSee Location Results
Matching Emory Specialists
No MatchSee Specialist Results
Talk to Our Nurses
Registered nurses can help you find a location or specialist that’s right for you.
404 778 7777
Latest Research & InnovationView all research and innovation
Emory Healthcare Named Official Team Healthcare Provider of Atlanta Braves
The partnership provides the Atlanta Braves with comprehensive and seamless state-of-the-art medical care. This includes access to Emory’s world class Sports Medicine, Orthopaedics, and Spine Center physicians and more.
Photos: Emory Denim Day
April 25, 2017
About Our Clinical Trials
Our new clinical trials site makes it easy to access nearly 1,000 Emory studies.
Advancing your health
Your opportunity to interact with doctors, staff and patients.
About Our Clinics
Our physicians and surgeons are responsible for some of the most significant innovations and treatments in the country.