The following items are required for a lung transplant referral to be processed:
- Completed Referral Form
- A dictated progress note or History & Physical which summarizes the patient’s course and care, and includes a complete list of relevant past medical history
- Recent pulmonary function testing
- Radiologic films and reports (Chest X-ray, CT of the chest, bone density studies, etc.)
- Pathology and Operative reports, where applicable
- Cardiac catheterization reports, where applicable
- Patient’s smoking history and documentation of cessation, if applicable
- Notes from any other transplant centers that have seen the patient
- Notes from any consulting physicians that have seen the patient.
- Signed consent to obtain outside medical records
- Copy of front and back of the patient's insurance card
These items can be faxed to 404-727-1516. Faxed referral information will be reviewed by a transplant pulmonologist. If your patient has contraindications to transplantation, the transplant pulmonologist will contact you to discuss the patient’s case.