From beginning to end, the journey for a patient undergoing bariatric care is full of changes. It will require persistence and discipline, but at the end it is all worth it.
Having surgery to produce weight loss is a serious decision. Anyone thinking about having this surgery should know what it involves. Answers to the following questions may help you decide whether weight loss surgery is right for you.
- Do you have a BMI that is greater than 40? or Do you have a BMI greater than 35 and a serious health problem linked to obesity? (such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, or severe sleep apnea)
- Are you well informed about the surgery and treatment effects?
- Are you aware of the risks and benefits of surgery?
- Are you ready to lose weight and improve your health?
- Are you aware of how life may change after the surgery?
- Are you committed to lifelong healthy eating and physical activity, medical follow-up, and the need to take extra vitamins and minerals?
- Are you between the ages of 18 and 70?
If you are ready to begin your journey, the next step is to register and complete one of our seminars.