About Emory Healthcare
"Total transparency breeds self-correcting behavior."
Admiral Thad Allen, Coast Guard Commandant
Lessons we have learned about Transparency:
- We must have the will to be transparent.
- Transparency does not just happen, but requires intent, planning and infrastructure.
- Where there are barriers to transparency, we have to learn why they exist and address them directly.
- Shared Decision Making teaches us how to be transparent.
Features of our commitment to Transparency:
- Posting data about our clinical, safety and patient satisfaction outcomes on the Emory Healthcare Web site.
- Having a disclosure policy in place to ensure prompt disclosure to patients and families of any adverse outcomes or unintended occurrences associated with treatment, and to provide caring and compassionate follow-up assistance when needed.