Nursing at Emory
Welcome to Emory Healthcare Nursing
The nursing team members at Emory Healthcare all share in a career environment where they can thrive. Below, you will find a sample of the career environment available to all Emory Healthcare nurses.
- Lattice advancement program with clinical, management and education tracks
- Varied career opportunities, with flexibility to move among specialty areas
- Nursing philosophy that includes shared decision making and the Synergy Model for Patient Care
- Precedent-setting patient- and family-centered approach to care
- Amenities of an academic research institution
- Magnet journey
- Cutting-edge technology, such as electronic medical records, online documentation and provider order entry
- Annual skills competency fairs
- Nurse residencies
- Competitive market salaries
- Charge nurse premium
- Certification reimbursement and annual bonus for maintaining certification
- Flexible hours on many units and 12-hour shifts
- Weekend, holiday, evening and night differentials
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits (Package starts day one!)
- Employee discounts and access to Emory Healthcare services
- Flexible spending accounts
- Retirement savings and matching plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Georgia Higher Education 529 savings plan
- Membership in Emory Federal Credit Union
- Workplace banking
- Long-term and supplemental long-term disability
- Basic life, supplemental life, personal accident and long-term care insurance
- Generous comprehensive leave program
- MetLife Auto and Home Insurance
- Childcare and eldercare services
- Robust wellness programs
- Free/discounted parking and transportation and cafeteria discounts
The Professional Lattice for Advancement in Nursing (PLAN) promotes and rewards professionalism and clinical expertise as the foundations of a robust nursing organization, one that values the contributions of every nurse in the delivery of patient- and family-centered care. As an academic, learning organization, Emory Healthcare embraces new graduate nurses as well as experienced nurses.
The PLAN differentiates expected levels of clinical expertise, education and professional practice, and identifies the unique contributions expected at each level. The PLAN is unique in that it includes three tracts for nursing advancement: clinical, education and management.
Through this exciting program, Emory Healthcare nurses:
- Evaluate and improve their own practice
- Identify professional development and growth opportunities
- Obtain recognition for the level of practice they have achieved
The lattice framework, as opposed to a traditional ladder, facilitates fluid movement across a broad spectrum of career opportunities ideal for different times in a nurse's career.
Emory Healthcare is proud to offer a highly competitive benefits and compensation package, including clinical certification bonuses and internal growth opportunities. Join an elite RN team that is redefining the nursing profession to deliver a new standard of care for humankind.
New Graduate Nursing
The application period for the 2017 summer cohort of the Emory Healthcare New Graduate Nurse Residency Program is now open! For information about the next session or to speak to a recruiter, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Program FAQS
Application deadline: March 1, 2017
Offers made: March - April 2017
Program start: July 2017
To apply: Go to https://app-emory-sc-cm-prod-eus2.azurewebsites.net/careers/search-careers-rn and search for job requisition ID #66813BR.
As an academic medical center, Emory Healthcare is committed to the development and training of the caregivers of the future. We are proud to offer a one-year residency program for new nurse graduates that bridges the gap between the classroom and real-life nursing practice. Our residency nurses are challenged to put their learning into practice and emerge from the program as confident, skilled members of the care team. Our nurse residency program fosters the ideal environment to excel in the nursing profession:
Teamwork: Partner with like-minded professionals who are dedicated to advancing the nursing profession through delivering patient- and family-centered care in a collaborative environment.
Evidence-based Practice: Put the latest research and care models into practice to deliver innovative, transformative care.
Innovation: Be challenged to improve quality and safety in the ever-changing climate of health care.
Breadth: Choose between several specialties as the starting point for your nursing career:
- Acute care subspecialties
- Critical care
- Women’s services (mother/baby, NICU, antepartum, OB/GYN, L&D)*
*Available at Emory University Hospital Midtown and Emory Johns Creek Hospital only.
The Vizient/American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Residency Program™ (NRP) is designed to support new nurses as they transition from student to clinician to leader. The program fosters development of both the clinical and leadership skills critical for new nurses to succeed as valuable contributors to the team.
The program is aimed at:
- Transitioning participants from advanced beginner nurse to competent nurse
- Fostering excellent decision-making skills
- Providing clinical nursing leadership
- Creating an individual development plan
- Embedding research-based practice into care delivery
Our Vizient/AACN-developed nurse residency program is offered at our six hospitals: Emory University Hospital, Emory University Hospital Midtown, Emory University Orthopaedics & Spine Hospital, Emory Rehabilitation Hospital, Emory Johns Creek Hospital and Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital (this program is also accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education).