Emory Bariatric Center at Johns Creek
Begin Your Journey
From beginning to end, the journey for a patient undergoing bariatric care is full of changes. It will require persistence and discipline, but at the end it is all worth it.
Having surgery to produce weight loss is a serious decision. Anyone thinking about having this surgery should know what it involves. Answers to the following questions may help you decide whether weight loss surgery is right for you.
- Do you have a BMI that is greater than 40? or Do you have a BMI greater than 35 and a serious health problem linked to obesity? (such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, or severe sleep apnea)
- Are you well informed about the surgery and treatment effects?
- Are you aware of the risks and benefits of surgery?
- Are you ready to lose weight and improve your health?
- Are you aware of how life may change after the surgery?
- Are you committed to lifelong healthy eating and physical activity, medical follow-up, and the need to take extra vitamins and minerals?
- Are you between the ages of 18 and 70?
If you are ready to begin your journey, the next step is to register and complete one of our seminars. We offer two types of free seminars, online and in-person.
Step 1: Register & Complete a Seminar
We offer two types of free seminars, online and in-person.
The online seminar contains valuable information about the bariatric surgery process. We suggest you set aside time to watch the entire seminar. Please take notes and write down any questions you would like to discuss at your first consultation. Prospective patients must complete the entire seminar — after watching, call 404-778-7777 to schedule your consultation.
In-person seminars are held several times a month. During this session, you will learn about your weight loss options from one our surgeons and team members. We welcome questions at the end of the seminar and you will also have time to meet one-on-one with the presenting surgeon
Please call 404-778-7777 to register for a seminar, or you may register online here.
Step 2: Review Payment Options
Emory Bariatric Center works with most insurance companies, including medicare and medicaid. View the managed care sheet below and check with your insurance provider to see if bariatric coverage is available.
If insurance does not cover bariatric surgery, you may be surprised at how affordable it can be. Please see the self-pay pricing sheet below for the costs assoicated with surgery. Please note: self-pay pricing does not include surgeons’s fees.
Step 3: Schedule Your Consultation
Please call 404-778-7777
Step 4: Prepare for Surgery
Weight loss surgery is like other major surgeries. The best preparation is to understand the risks and potential benefits and to closely follow your doctor’s instructions.
- Understand the surgical process and what to expect afterwards
- Talk to people who have had weight loss surgery or attend a support group to gain valuable insight
- Journal your experience – record how you feel now, the obstacles you encounter, the things you hope to be able to do after surgery
- Get a letter of support from your family, it helps to know you have people behind you
- Attend our Pre-op Pearls Class, it's designed to provide “pearls” of wisdom for those nearing their surgery date
Directions, Maps & Parking
6325 Hospital Parkway
Johns Creek, GA 30097
Complimentary from 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Driving Directions Via Telephone
How Can We Help You Today?
Need help? We will be delighted to assist you today, so please call us at 404-778-7777. We look forward to hearing from you.