Heart Transplant Program
The recent release of the July 2010 center-specific report from the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR) documents the continued excellent results of the Emory Center for Heart Failure Therapy and Transplantation. Our one-year patient survival rate for the latest cohort reported (January 2007-June 2009) is 83.40% with a graft survival rate or 84.17%. Research is currently underway at Emory to test new immunosuppressant medications may further improve heart transplant survival statistics..
- Emory's Heart Failure Clinic handles more than 2,400 patient visits per year.
- We follow more than 500 adults congenital heart disease.
- Over 80 ventricular assist devices have been implanted.
- More than 575 primary adult heart transplants have been performed (26 performed in 2009).
- 13 combined heart/kidney transplants have been performed.
- An average of 25 patients are on Emory's heart transplant waiting list.
For more data and information on heart transplant survival rates, visit the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients, a database of transplantation statistics.
How Can We Help You Today?
Need help? We will be delighted to assist you today, so please call us at 404-778-7777. We look forward to hearing from you.
Emory's transplant programs continue to provide excellent transplant outcomes in patient and graft survival rates.
Research & Clinical Trials
We offer an exceptionally active research and development program that is seamlessly integrated into the clinical program.
Kidney Transplant Video Gallery
Learn more about Informed Consent
Mason Guest House
The Mason Guest House is a private retreat that offers low-cost housing for organ transplant candidates, recipients, living donors and their families.