Is hip pain or knee pain slowing you down? For hip and knee replacement, you want the best orthopaedic surgeons on your side. Our world-renowned team at Emory Hip & Knee Replacement Center performs more than 2,000 outpatient replacements a year. This includes total hip replacement, partial knee replacement, and total knee replacement surgeries. You’ll receive the latest surgical innovations and evidence-based care.
Hip & Knee
Hip and Knee Replacement to Ease Your Pain
Get Help for Knee Pain and Hip Pain
Whether you have a small ache or constant pain, we can help. We’ll get you answers and keep you active. Our experienced surgeons will walk you through every step of surgery and recovery.
What to Expect for Hip and Knee Replacement
Our patients have great hip and knee replacement surgery outcomes—from the simple to the complex.
At Emory Hip & Knee Replacement Center, you’ll find:
- Pre-surgery planning: We get to know you, your history, and your goals.
- Muscle-sparing techniques: We save muscle, which leads to less pain, faster recovery, and better mobility.
- Pain management: After surgery, you can focus on building strength and stamina.
- Implant improvements: We improve the design of hip and knee replacement implants.
- Surgery options: Innovations in robot-assisted surgery give you more options.
Specialized Hip and Knee Replacement Surgeons
The fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeons at Emory Hip & Knee Replacement Center have dedicated their careers to this specialty. We perform only hip and knee replacement surgeries. Our surgeons also receive ongoing training to add to their unparalleled experience, knowledge and skill.
Types of Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery
We’ve pioneered new surgical approaches, including:
- Total hip replacement
- Minimally invasive knee replacement
- Robotic total knee replacement
We’ve also fine-tuned standard approaches, including:
- Revision surgeries (knee and hip)
- Partial knee replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Total hip replacement
- Hip resurfacing
- Hip arthroscopy
Hip and Knee Replacement Research and Innovation
Hip and knee replacement is constantly changing and improving. We stay on top of those innovations and move the field forward with research at Emory.
We have published more than 50 peer-reviewed articles about hip and knee replacement surgery. That means you get the best care right here at Emory.
Our research covers many topics, including:
- Infection prevention and treatment
- Anesthesia for hip and knee replacement
- Pain management after surgery
- Anterior hip replacement surgery techniques and outcomes
- Addressing and modifying risk factors prior to surgery