Our "mother-baby" suites exemplify our developmentally supportive care. From birth, newborns are placed in the same room as their mothers and fathers so they can immediately begin to bond.
Our obstetrical services include:
- Certified breastfeeding (lactation) [link to lactation page] specialists
- Childbirth classes [link to new classes URL if applicable] to prepare you for your baby's arrival
- Overnight accommodations in our mother-baby units for fathers/support persons
- Unlimited visitation for father or support person in addition to grandparent and sibling visitation
- On-call baby photography
- Maternal-fetal medicine for high-risk pregnancies [link to conditions page].
- Level III neonatal intensive care units [link to NICU page] with family sleepover room
Along with our state-of-the-art facility and experience, comes the expertise associated with an academic medical center. This includes our association with the Emory University School of Medicine and neonatologists, perinatologists, obstetricians and anesthesiologists available 24 hours per day for the safety or you and your baby.
Personalized birth plans
If you plan to give birth at an Emory Healthcare hospital, you’ll work with our maternity care team to create an individualized birthing plan, which may include:
- A birthing coach
- A midwife
- A specially trained doula
- Natural childbirth without medication
- Childbirth with pain-relieving medications
We encourage you to sign up to take a tour of our birth suites [link to new tour URL if available] to learn more.
How Can We Help You Today?
Need help? We will be delighted to assist you today, so please call us at 404-778-7777. We look forward to hearing from you.