Post-Travel Sick Visits and Tropical Diseases Clinic
Whether or not you received a pre-travel consultation from us, if you are feeling unwell after your trip, contact TravelWell! Our physicians are recognized experts in tropical and travel-related infectious diseases and familiar with the diagnosis and management of conditions not often seen in the U.S. Our affiliation with Emory University Hospital and collaborations with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) give us access to the most advanced diagnostic testing available in the country.
Some of the more common travel-related and tropical diseases we manage include:
- Travelers’ diarrhea.
- Post-travel fevers, which can have many causes, including (Please note: If you are sick with a high fever after returning from a tropical area, always contact a physician immediately and inform him or her of your travel history):
- Malaria — This mosquito-borne infection is common in much of the tropical world and can be life-threatening in non-immune travelers (such as those living in the U.S., where the disease is not present).
- Typhoid fever.
- Mosquito-borne viral illnesses such as dengue fever and chikungunya fever. Unfortunately, many of these infections are spreading to wider areas of the tropical world, including the Caribbean.
- Respiratory infections.
- Tropical skin conditions, including cutaneous leishmaniasis, boils caused by botflies or tumbu flies (myiasis), and creeping eruption (cutaneous larva migrans).
- Gastrointestinal parasitic infections, including giardiasis, amoebic dysentery and helminthic (worm) infections.
How Can We Help You Today?
Need help? We will be delighted to assist you today, so please call us at 404-778-7777. We look forward to hearing from you.