The Emory Coordinated Care Centers offers a platform of pro-active, integrated health care that redefines the way in which senior health care is delivered.
It is a breakthrough model, based on a proven methodology created and implemented by CareMore in 5 states around the U.S. This proven care model combines wellness and medical supervision and offers personalized health planning to ensure all members receive the individualized attention they deserve.
By taking a team approach and by giving seniors access to providers at the very forefront of medical knowledge and research, your entire Emory Coordinated Care Center team will know you and be accessible to you.
All staff at our Emory Coordinated Care Centers are specially trained in area that most deeply effect senior health care. We understand that the right combination of care and special programs can keep you feeling your very best.
Emory Coordinated Care Centers offer specialized programs like:
- Healthy Start — A comprehensive medical evaluation performed by a specially trained nurse practitioner or physician who will give you recommendations and choices for treatment and follow up care.
- Fall Prevention Program - delivers a comprehensive assessment for people with a history of falls or those who are at risk for falls.
- Diabetes Management Program - provides education and information for controlling blood sugar along with diabetes support groups, nutritional education and counseling, exercise classes and a toll-free helpline.
- High Blood Pressure Care Program gives you access to a home based electronic blood pressure monitoring system that easily plugs into your telephone. Blood pressure readings are taken at home, sent to CareMore electronically and then analyzed by your care team. You will also receive educational classes, have access to support groups and have periodic wellness checkups.
- Anticoagulation Therapy Program - If you take blood thinner medicine, we will monitor the level in your blood. You will learn how to manage your medicines. You will learn about your medicines, like side effects and how much to take, and about tests and how they are watched.
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Program - Helps you learn to take care of your heart. A team of providers builds a care plan just for you, watches your blood pressure and weight gain. The program helps you eat healthy and monitor salt and fluids. You learn tips to manage your condition and how to deal with problems that may come up. All patients with CHF are strongly encouraged to participate.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Program - Gives you tips to manage your condition. You will take a breathing test to see how well your lungs are working - and a care plan is made just for you. You learn how to eat healthy and exercise to help your lungs get stronger. You learn breathing exercises to help you breath better. All patients who are living with asthma, long-term bronchitis, emphysema and COPD are encouraged to participate.
- Wound Care Program - We will treat your wound, as well as any condition that may be slow in healing. We give you supplies to take care of your wound at home.
- Exercise & Strength Training - We call it the Nifty after Fifty exercise and strength training program. Your trainer will create a work-out plan just for you. The program is designed to help you stay fit. It can also help you with balance control.
- Nutritional Advice - You meet with a registered dietitian to learn how to eat healthy, get to and stay at a healthy weight and ideas to start moving.
- Smoking Cessation Program - Offers support to help you quit smoking. The classes teach you tips such a setting a quit date, overcoming the urge to smoke and things to do to keep you from smoking. Medication treatment and management may be part of personalized program.
- Behavioral Health: Being at your physical best sometimes means being at your best emotionally. Our centers offer counseling and evaluation, which includes checking on memory changes. Our staff can also help with medication management.
Download our FAQ for more information about the Coordinated Care Center and discuss options with your primary care physician. Here