How Can We Help You? 

Our social services department helps you and your family handle any concerns that you may have during your hospitalization. A clinical social worker can provide information about hospital and community resources, as well as make arrangements for:

  • Short-term support services at home, such as a visiting nurse or aide, physical, occupational or speech therapy, medical social services, medical equipment and supplies, Meals on Wheels, a companion or transportation
  • Short-term nursing home care to prepare you for living independently at home
  • Alternate living arrangements when you need 24-hour nursing care and services that cannot be provided in your home
  • Information for you and your doctor regarding hospital policies, financial arrangements, insurance coverage and other issues
  • Referrals to agencies in your community that provide services or sources of financial assistance, and to public and private groups that can help you
  • Follow-up to assure that you are actually receiving the services we have arranged
  • Supportive counseling to help you cope with changes in your life resulting from your illness

For more information, please call:

Emory University Hospital - 404-712-4366
Emory University Hospital Midtown - 404-686-8137
Emory University Orthopaedics & Spine Hospital - 404-251-3285
Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital - 678-843-7555
Emory Johns Creek Hospital - 678-474-7379