Conditions & Treatments
We know that recovering from a stroke is one of the greatest challenges a person will ever face. Studies show that where an individual chooses to go for their treatment and rehabilitation can make all the difference in how well and how quickly someone recovers.
The Emory Stroke Center is a certified Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, making the Emory Rehabilitation Hospital the premier choice for stroke patients in the state. As a specialized rehabilitation hospital, we are known and highly regarded for our medical expertise and compassionate care.
Our programs offer the following to help you or a loved one recover from a stroke:
- Expert Medical Management: Our medical team is experienced in treating all types of strokes, ranging from the mild to the most complex.
- A Dedicated Rehabilitation Team: Our patients work with a dedicated and comprehensive team of specialized and certified medical and rehabilitation staff, including doctors; nurses; physical, occupational, and respiratory therapists; speech-language pathologists; case managers; dieticians; neuro psychologists; and other healthcare professionals as needed.
- Physician-led Teams: Each medical team is led by a physiatrist — a doctor who specializes in physical medicine (treatment related to the nerves, muscles, bones and brain) and rehabilitation. Furthermore, the physiatrist visits each patient daily.
- Customized Treatment Plans: Our medical care and rehabilitation is tailored to each person’s specific needs and goals.
- Targeted Therapies: Our specialized programs help patients rebuild strengths and skills, including confidence and independence
Patients who have had a stroke can depend on us for the following:
- A Smooth Transition to Rehabilitation: Our staff works closely with patients, their families and the referring hospital to ensure a seamless transition to our rehabilitation hospital.
- A Caring Environment: Care is provided in a safe, supportive, and compassionate environment, one where our patients' needs always come first.
- Education and Training: To prepare patients and families for life ahead, we offer a range of instructional and support programs.
- Exceptional Results: Overall, based on national benchmarks, our patients have a greater chance of improving during their stay with us and are able to function at a higher level when they return home.
NewsView all News
Emory Healthcare news from the Emory News Center
Photos: Emory Denim Day
April 25, 2017
Two Emory Healthcare nurses inducted as fellows into American College of Critical Care Medicine
April 25, 2017
New study uses freezing technique to target vagus nerve and obesity
April 24, 2017
Father, son share special bond; both receive cochlear implants
April 21, 2017
Photos: Ebola care team attends 'Facing Darkness' screening
April 20, 2017
Ready, set, go! for Heel to Heal Superhero 5K and Fundraiser
April 18, 2017
SIBR program shows teamwork in healthcare
April 17, 2017
Expert Q&A: The antibiotic resistance threat
April 12, 2017
Christy M. Norman joins Emory Healthcare as vice president of pharmacy services
April 07, 2017
Medical faculty recognized by their Emory peers on Doctors' Day
April 05, 2017