Conditions & Treatments
The Emory Bariatric Center offers a customized nonsurgical weight loss and weight management program, Your Weigh. Your Weigh is a 16-week medically-supervised weight loss program that offers three meal plan options:
- Full Meal Replacement – following the full meal replacement weight loss plan, patients consume OPTIFAST® meal replacements (soups, bars or shakes) for approximately 12 weeks (may vary by individual), followed by a gradual transition back to food.
- Partial Meal Replacement – following the partial meal replacement weight loss plan, patients select 3 OPTIFAST® meal replacements per day and add in some of their own food and recipes. A typical day on the partial meal replacement plan would include a meal replacement for breakfast, morning snack, and afternoon snack, with a healthy lunch and dinner of reasonable portion size. Each meal plan will be tailored to your individual needs based on personalized body composition study.
- No Meal Replacement – following this meal plan, patients use their own food and recipes (no OPTIFAST® meal replacements are included) as guided by your weight loss physician and dietitian. Each meal plan will be tailored to the individual needs based on personalized body composition study.
Every weight loss meal plan in the Your Weigh program includes:
- Initial and ongoing supervision by an Emory Bariatric Center physician
- One-on-one consultations with our registered dietitian
- Medical diagnostics (varies by meal plan)
- Body composition studies throughout the program
- Regular lifestyle education group meetings to keep you motivated and focused on your weight loss goals
Our comprehensive, nonsurgical weight loss program is designed to focus on factors affecting not just your weight, but overall health. Post program support group attendance is critical for ongoing success after the 16 week “active” phase of the program is completed.
For more information, read our frequently asked questions about the Your Weigh program.
NewsView all News
Emory Healthcare news from the Emory News Center
Photos: Emory Denim Day
April 25, 2017
Two Emory Healthcare nurses inducted as fellows into American College of Critical Care Medicine
April 25, 2017
New study uses freezing technique to target vagus nerve and obesity
April 24, 2017
Father, son share special bond; both receive cochlear implants
April 21, 2017
Photos: Ebola care team attends 'Facing Darkness' screening
April 20, 2017
Ready, set, go! for Heel to Heal Superhero 5K and Fundraiser
April 18, 2017
SIBR program shows teamwork in healthcare
April 17, 2017
Expert Q&A: The antibiotic resistance threat
April 12, 2017
Christy M. Norman joins Emory Healthcare as vice president of pharmacy services
April 07, 2017
Medical faculty recognized by their Emory peers on Doctors' Day
April 05, 2017