Emory Adult Cystic Fibrosis Program
Over the past few decades, the life expectency of patients with cystic fibrosis (CF) has increased dramatically. As patients with CF become adults, new issues and challenges in their care become present that require expertise of adult-trained sub-specialists.
Some of these include:
- Diabetes and its complications
- Osteoporosis and risk of fractures
- Fertility and family planning
- Health insurance and employment issues
- Lung transplantation
The Emory Adult CF Program follows evidenced based practice, and is a CF Foundation accredited care center. Recently, our program's adherence to CFF guidelines was ranked among the best in the nation. We are also proud to be a member of the CF Foundation Therapeutics Development Center Network giving our patients access to the most up to date research trials in CF.
What to expect
For outpatient care, patients are seen at The Emory Clinic. Pulmonary function testing and visits with each member of the team take place within the patient’s exam room.
When patients need hospitalization they are admitted to Emory University Hospital and are seen by both the hospital medicine team, (the primary care team), as well as the CF team. Our team follows patients in both the outpatient and inpatient settings to allow maximum continuity of care.
All patient rooms are private and are equipped with wireless internet access.
Emory University Hospital practices the highest standards of infection control for the safety of our patients.
Meet our staff
- Seth Walker, MD, Medical Director, Pulmonologist
- Viranuj Sueblinvong, MD, Assistant Director, Pulmonologist
- William “Randy” Hunt, MD, Pulmonologist
- Vin Tangpricha, MD, Endocrinologist
- Field Willingham, MD, Gastroenterologist
- CF Nurse Practitioner, Deneek Green
- CF Nurse Coordinator, Barbara Henry, RN
- CF Respiratory Therapist, Mews Hilaire, RRT
- CF Social Worker, Samone Williams, MSW
- CF Dietician, Malia Martin, RDLD
- CF Patient Care Coordinator, Melanie Williams
- CF Research Coordinator, Tiffany Harrigan
- CF Research Coordinator, Tsion Hailemichael
- CF Research Coordinator, Offei Koram
- CF Research Coordinator, Chris Driggers
How Can We Help You Today?
Need help? We will be delighted to assist you today. For more information on Emory's Adult Cystic Fibrosis Program, please call 404-778-7929. We look forward to hearing from you.
Find Treatment Locations
Matching Emory Locations
No MatchSee Location Results
Matching Emory Specialists
No MatchSee Specialist Results
Talk to Our Nurses
Registered nurses can help you find a location or specialist that’s right for you.
404 778 7777
Latest Research & InnovationView all research and innovation
Emory Johns Creek Hospital to host blood drive for Red Cross Month
February 28, 2017
About Our Clinical Trials
Our new clinical trials site makes it easy to access nearly 1,000 Emory studies.
Advancing your health
Your opportunity to interact with doctors, staff and patients.
About Our Clinics
Our physicians and surgeons are responsible for some of the most significant innovations and treatments in the country.