Wound & Hyperbaric Center
Specialized care for wounds
While some wounds only slow you down temporarily and are easily treated, others require very specialized care. Millions of Americans have wounds that take months or even years to heal —affecting their daily quality of life. From the most minor to most chronic wound, we can help you heal.
Depending on the type of treatment your condition requires, we have several locations for wound care.
The Emory Wound & Hyperbaric Center at Emory University Hospital Midtown offers care for chronic wounds. We’ll work with you, your family and your referring doctor to design the treatment plan that’s right for you. You’ll get compassionate care from our expert team of health-care professionals including:
- Plastic surgeons
- Physical therapists
- Pain medicine specialist
They combine ability with the latest wound treatment options such as:
- Skin grafts: Your doctors will take healthy skin from another area of your body and transplant it to your wound.
- Wound-healing bandages: These special bandages use advanced technology to provide optimal moist wound healing conditions and help control of moisture level and temperature of your wound.
- Ultrasonic removal of injured tissue (debridement): Your doctor will use sound wave technology to remove your damaged skin and reduce bacteria in your wound.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy: You'll get pressurized, pure oxygen in a single-person chamber to stimulate healing. This therapy is often used to help heal burns, carbon monoxide poisoning and decompression sickness (the bends).
Emory Johns Creek Hospital’s Hyperbarics and Wound Care Services provides specialized treatment for people suffering from chronic or non-healing wounds. This location offers coordinated care with multiple specialists including dieticians, endocrinologists, infectious disease, internal medicine, physical therapy, plastic surgery, podiatry and vascular surgery.
Treatment options include:
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapyhyperbaric and wound care
- Bio-engineering tissue substitutes
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Growth factor therapies
- Advanced dressings and wraps
How Can We Help You Today?
Need help? We will be delighted to assist you today, so please call us at 404-778-7777. We look forward to hearing from you.
Find Treatment Locations
Matching Emory Locations
No MatchSee Location Results
Matching Emory Specialists
No MatchSee Specialist Results
Talk to Our Nurses
Registered nurses can help you find a location or specialist that’s right for you.
404 778 7777
Latest Research & InnovationView all research and innovation
Portions of Clifton Road closed this weekend for bridge demolition
February 23, 2017
About Our Clinical Trials
Our new clinical trials site makes it easy to access nearly 1,000 Emory studies.
Advancing your health
Your opportunity to interact with doctors, staff and patients.
About Our Clinics
Our physicians and surgeons are responsible for some of the most significant innovations and treatments in the country.