From heart attacks to heart failure, aortic aneurysms to emphysema, you can trust us with your care. Emory Clinic cardiothoracic surgeons provide the latest treatments for a healthier heart and lungs. We also perform lifesaving heart surgeries you can’t find at many hospitals, including heart transplants and robotic heart surgery.
As researchers and faculty members of Emory University School of Medicine, Emory Clinic cardiothoracic surgeons have helped pioneer new heart surgery techniques, such as:
- Returning blood flow to the heart, even when arteries are severely blocked.
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm surgery using specialized tools through the arteries.
- Repairing and replacing heart valves through a small incision in the groin.
- Heart surgery using robotic surgery systems and only a few small incisions.
- Devices to help the heart pump blood during heart failure.
- Beating heart open heart surgery.
These advanced techniques give you more treatment options for personalized care. Many of these techniques also help you heal faster and feel less pain than traditional open heart surgeries.
Our surgeons also work with The Carlyle Fraser Heart Center and The Cardiothoracic Surgery Center for Clinical Research at Emory University School of Medicine to conduct research that improves the safety and effectiveness of cardiothoracic surgeries. Through our research, we can give you quick access to the latest advances in heart health, including new devices, medicines and technologies.
Emory Clinic Cardiothoracic Surgery
Find Treatment Locations
Matching Emory Locations
No MatchSee Location Results
Matching Emory Specialists
No MatchSee Specialist Results
Talk to Our Nurses
Registered nurses can help you find a location or specialist that’s right for you.
404 778 7777