Emory Johns Creek Hospital
The Birth Place
The Women's Services team at Emory Johns Creek Hospital is fully equipped to handle all of the various stages, aspects and wonders of pregnancy and childbirth. Our team of health care experts are dedicated and focused on providing outstanding patient- and family-centered care. Women's Services at Emory Johns Creek Hospital couples high quality care with state-of-the-art technologies, comforting amenities, and educational resources to fully prepare and assist expectant families in welcoming new life into the world.
Each expectant mother works with our Women's Services team to create an individualized birthing plan which may include a birthing coach, a midwife, a specially trained doula, a natural childbirth without medication or other available options. All aspects of the Birth Place were designed to meet the needs of the entire family and we encourage all expectant mothers and families to tour our facilities.
Birth Place Tour
Birth Place tours are offered every Thursday at 5:45 p.m. and Saturday at 9:45 a.m. The tour begins in the main lobby of the hospital. We look forward to seeing you!
To register for a Birth Place tour, please call 404-778-7777.
Birth Place Services
- Childbirth classes to prepare expectant mothers and families for the child’s arrival
- Large birthing suites designed to make the experience comfortable
- Overnight accommodations in Mother and Baby units – overnight visitation is available for parents and family in large accommodating suites
- Suites are furnished with sleeping/lounging areas for spouse or coach, wireless internet and flat screen televisions
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Family Sleep Over Room an area for the family to prepare for the baby’s homecoming
- The parents can sleep and simulate what it will be like with the baby at home while also having the peace of mind of having NICU nurses close by to assist or advise if needed
- On-call baby photography — request our contracted on-call photographer to capture your baby's earliest moments
- On-call lactation nurse for new moms to help train and provide feeding tips
- In-house and always available anesthesia and OB physician on-call
- Breast feeding support classes every third Thursday from 11 a.m. to noon
- Meet with a board-certified lactation specialist and meet with other mothers and new babies
- No RSVPs necessary, walk-ins are welcome
We are committed to providing you the very best of care in the most comfortable of settings. Some of the things we’re most proud of at the Birth Place:
- All Private Rooms
- Labor/Delivery/Recovery Suites
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Board Certified Neonatologists on Staff
- Certified Lactation Consultant
- 24-Hour Anesthesiologists
- Personal, Pampered Attention
- Family-centered Care
The Birth Place at Emory Johns Creek Hospital has been designed with the needs of the entire family in mind.
Birth Place Pre-registration
Please note: Patients must fax this pre-registration form in or bring it in person to Registration.
Birth Place Visiting Hours
There are no set visiting hours at Emory Johns Creek Hospital. It is our policy to be flexible and accessible for family to visit our guests anytime. We ask children who are visiting be free of any illness, including fever, runny noses, coughs, etc. and always accompanied by an adult. The Birth Place is a secured unit. Visitors may request entry at the doors next to the elevators or visit the nurses station.
Birth Certificate Information
Thank you for choosing Emory Johns Creek Hospital for your birth experience. We would like to help you complete the necessary paperwork to register your child’s birth in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia.
Register for a Tour
To register for a tour, please call 404-778-7777.
- Cardiac Care
- Cancer Care (Oncology)
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Mental Health Services