For Medical Professionals
1. Complete your influenza vaccination requirement by completing A OR B below
A. Get your influenza vaccination.
- You can get vaccinated at many retail pharmacies, such as Publix, Target, CVS, and Walgreens, or at your primary care physician's office.
- You may also be vaccinated for free at an EHC flu vaccination event. View the schedule (must be logged into the VDT or on an EHC Network to access) or visit Employee Health.
- Providers who are vaccinated at Employee Health or an EHC flu vaccination event must complete the online consent form in PeopleSoft Workplace Health (HOME), prior to getting vaccinated.
a. If you plan on obtaining your vaccine at an EHC Employee Health location or EHC flu vaccination event, only fill out the consent form no more than 24 hours before obtaining your flu vaccine as one of the questions in the consent form asks if you have had a fever within the last 24 hours.
b. For step-by-step instructions on completing the consent form, visit www.ourehc.org/flu (must be logged in to EHC Workspace or on the EHC network to access).
- Providers not employed by EHC or EU who are vaccinated at Employee Health or an EHC flu vaccination event will need to fill out a paper consent form when they arrive at Employee Health/the EHC flu vaccination event.
- You will need to attest in the module that you received the influenza vaccination for the 2023-2024 flu season. Please retain your documentation
- The vaccine is mandatory for all providers, except those with documented medical contraindications or a religious exemption. See B below if you would like to file an exemption.
B. File your medical or religious exemption to influenza vaccination.
- The vaccine is mandatory for all providers, except those with documented medical contraindications or a religious exemption. Remember: You must apply for an exemption each year.
- Egg-free vaccines are available at Employee Health locations; an egg allergy cannot be applied to the medical contraindications exemption.
- To submit a completed medical or religious exemption form (form available in Employee Health or in the Influenza PPSM), email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must state your exemption reason when filing a medical exemption.
2. Complete all requirements in the Influenza Provider Patient Safety Module
- Access the module.
- Self-attest you received the influenza vaccination within the module in the Influenza Vaccination section; you will not need to submit documentation. If filing a medical or religious exemption to influenza vaccination, you will need to submit exemption paperwork.
- Complete the TB Screening evaluation section and/or complete the positive TB section if you have had a documented past positive TB test. Annual TB testing is not required by EHC unless otherwise indicated based on your TB evaluation. Complete the questionnaire in the module to determine if a TB test is required for you this year.
- Complete the online curriculum in the appropriate sections. This includes: Infection control test and six modules: Compliance, Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA), Patients with English Language or Hearing Barriers, CMS Requirements for Admit Orders, Behavioral Health Patient Management, and Medical Restraints vs Violent or Self-destructive Restraint/Seclusion.
- Review, add or update your immunizations in the immunizations section of the module.
NOTE: You will receive 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credit for completing the module.
To confirm you have completed the module
When you have completed all of the requirements, the overview page shows all sections as complete and offers you the option of printing a certificate (see below image). This certificate also serves as a CME certificate.
Employee Health: email@example.com
For technical assistance with the Provider Patient Safety Module (PPSM), please contact 8-HELP at 404-778-4357.
Medical Staff Offices:
- Emory Decatur Hospital: 404-501-5214
- Emory Johns Creek Hospital: 678-474-7024
- Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital: 678-843-7998
- Emory University Hospital: 404-712-7371 or 404-712-2269
- Emory University Hospital Midtown: 404-686-7631