Ryan White Program
Who Was Ryan White?
Emory’s Ryan White Program receives federal grant funding through the Ryan White CARE Act. The grant provides those who are underinsured or uninsured with access to specialty services such as nutrition, mental health, medical social work, short-term/long-term medication copayment assistance, and other support services. The grant does not replace other third-party payers, like Medicaid or Medicare.
Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program is divided into five parts, and Emory Healthcare has been providing Part C services since 1993 and Part A services since 2002.
- HIV Medical Care
- Case Management and Social Support Services
- Counseling and Education
- Treatment Therapies
- Access to HIV Research
- Laboratory Tests
- Medication to Prevent and Treat Illness
- Medication Adherence Counseling
- Mental Health Care and Support Groups
- Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment
- Nutritional Services