Welcome to Emory University Hospital

Staffed exclusively by Emory University School of Medicine faculty who also are members of the Emory Clinic, Emory University Hospital is one of the nation's leading hospitals in cardiology and heart surgery, cancer, neurology and more.

Our Mission

To Serve Humanity by Improving Health through integration of education, discovery and health care.

Our History

Emory University Hospital's tradition of healing dates back almost a century. In March 1904, our predecessor, Wesley Memorial Hospital, was chartered with 50 beds. The hospital was housed in a downtown Atlanta mansion that had been spared from destruction by General Sherman's army during the Civil War.

By November 1922, the hospital had grown too large for its quarters and moved to its current DeKalb County site on the Emory University campus. The new 275-bed facility was a gift of Asa G. Candler, philanthropist and founder of The Coca-Cola Company.

In the mid-1930s, our name was changed to Emory University Hospital. The university and the hospital bear the name of Bishop John Emory, who presided at a meeting of the Georgia Methodist Conference in 1834 when delegates decided to establish a Methodist college in Georgia.

Specialty Care

16

Physicians

  • Cardiac Care
  • Transplantation
  • Cancer Care (Oncology)
  • Diagnostic Radiology
  • Neurosciences
  • Mental Health Services