Structural Heart and Valve Center
Experienced Heart and Valve Care
When you or a loved one is diagnosed with a condition that affects the heart or heart valves that controls blood flow to and from the heart, the specialists at the Structural Heart and Valve Center at Emory Healthcare offer the compassionate care and expertise you need.
Our team is comprised of doctors and healthcare providers from a variety of specialties, including interventional cardiology (catheter-based treatments), cardiothoracic (heart and chest) surgery and cardiac (heart) imaging. Due to our multidisciplinary approach to your care, we’re able to provide you a thorough diagnosis and more treatment options.
In fact, Emory Healthcare is a nationally recognized academic center of excellence due to our vast array of advanced technologies and treatment options. We offer several FDA approved, minimally invasive, catheter-based therapies, such as Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), as well as clinical trials that offer up and coming treatments. This combination of collaborative care and cutting-edge treatments leads to better outcomes for patients.
Heart and Valve Center Highlights
- TAVR is a minimally invasive technique for replacing the aortic valve in the heart by catheters and small incisions without open heart surgery for appropriate patients
- The Emory TAVR program began in 2007 and to date approximately 1,500 patients have received this groundbreaking therapy with excellent outcomes
- Emory has access to not only FDA approved transcatheter valves but also offers extended indications for patients within clinical trials when applicable
- Emory is proudly enrolling in the PARTNER III clinical trial to offer TAVR to low risk surgical patients through a randomized study
- Over 500 patients have received transfemoral TAVR via the Minimalist Approach using conscious sedation
- For appropriate patients TAVR can safely be conducted without general anesthesia, transesophageal echo, or a ventilator
- Straightforward Minimalist Approach TAVR patients recover on the cardiac telemetry floor as opposed to the ICU
- Emory’s vast experience allows for decreased length of stay in the hospital
- Implantation of more than 100 FDA approved MitraClips and access to the COAPT trial for patients with mitral regurgitation
- Innovative catheter-based techniques for replacing previously placed surgical valves that are now malfunctioning
- State-of-the-art techniques for addressing congenital heart defects including transcatheter pulmonic valve replacement
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment, please call 404-778-7777.
How Can We Help You Today?
Need help? We will be delighted to assist you today, so please call us at 404-778-7777. We look forward to hearing from you.
Find Treatment Locations
Matching Emory Locations
No MatchSee Location Results
Matching Emory Specialists
No MatchSee Specialist Results
Talk to Our Nurses
Registered nurses can help you find a location or specialist that’s right for you.
404 778 7777
Latest Research & InnovationView all research and innovation
Emory Healthcare Named Official Team Healthcare Provider of Atlanta Braves
The partnership provides the Atlanta Braves with comprehensive and seamless state-of-the-art medical care. This includes access to Emory’s world class Sports Medicine, Orthopaedics, and Spine Center physicians and more.
Father and son share special bond; both receive cochlear implants to improve hearing, speech
April 21, 2017
About Our Clinical Trials
Our new clinical trials site makes it easy to access nearly 1,000 Emory studies.
Advancing your health
Your opportunity to interact with doctors, staff and patients.
About Our Clinics
Our physicians and surgeons are responsible for some of the most significant innovations and treatments in the country.