Social Services/

Case Management

How Can We Help You?

Our social services department helps you and your family handle any concerns that you may have during your hospitalization. A clinical social worker can provide information about hospital and community resources, as well as make arrangements for:

  • Short-term support services at home, such as a visiting nurse or aide, physical, occupational or speech therapy, medical social services, medical equipment and supplies, Meals on Wheels, a companion or transportation.
  • Short-term nursing home care to prepare you for living independently at home.
  • Alternate living arrangements when you need 24-hour nursing care and services that cannot be provided in your home.
  • Information for you and your doctor regarding hospital policies, financial arrangements, insurance coverage and other issues.
  • Referrals to agencies in your community that provide services or sources of financial assistance, and to public and private groups that can help you.
  • Follow-up to assure that you are actually receiving the services we have arranged.
  • Supportive counseling to help you cope with changes in your life resulting from your illness.

Emory Continuing Care Partnership
The Emory Continuing Care Partnership was created to provide the optimal patient and family experience by providing the highest quality and cost effective care across care settings.

Discharge Planning and Post-Hospital Care
As you prepare for your discharge from the hospital, a social worker or case manager, along with your healthcare team will meet with you to discuss your clinical care needs when you leave the hospital and what your discharge options may be. Below you will find links to Frequently Asked Questions for various levels of care and services that may be options for you when you are discharged from the hospital.

When you have questions regarding your discharge plan, ask to speak with a social worker or case manager who will assist in coordinating your discharge plan while you are in the hospital.

For more information, please call: