About Emory Healthcare
Volunteer at Emory University Hospital or Emory University Hospital Midtown
Emory Healthcare volunteers are caring individuals who enjoy giving back to their community. Our volunteers share their time, talents and experience all over the Emory Healthcare system. At Emory University Hospital and Emory University Hospital Midtown, volunteers support our gift shops and our admissions department, wayfinding (patient visitor escort), visit patient rooms with book carts, provide visitor support in the ICU and surgery waiting rooms, and raise funds for everything from equipment to scholarships. Volunteers also serve in the thrift boutique and the emergency department.
- The Summer 2017 application process is now closed for teen volunteers between the ages of 15-18.
- Find the Emory University Hospital volunteer application here.
- Find the Emory University Hospital Midtown volunteer application here.
- Download a pdf for more information regarding volunteering at Emory University Hospital or Emory University Hospital Midtown.
Teens 15-18 years old may participate in the VolunTeen Program during the summer.
Volunteering at the Emory Johns Creek Hospital
We at Emory Johns Creek Hospital believe that volunteers add a valued dimension to patient care in nearly every hospital department and want to thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the Emory Johns Creek family. We fully recognize that volunteers are an integral part of the care we provide and want you to know we value you, the time you give, and the service you provide our staff, our physicians and our patients. Your hands will touch many hearts.
Volunteering at the Emory Clinic
Emory Clinic volunteers help to create the ideal patient and family experience for all of our visitors. It is the mission of the Emory Healthcare Volunteer Services Department to develop and maintain, dedicated, caring, and competent volunteers who embrace the Emory Healthcare Mission: We are committed to providing the best care for our patients, educating health professionals and leaders for the future, and serving our community. In order to carry out this mission, we are looking for individuals who have a strong interest in healthcare, are community service minded, have a great attitude, and love to smile. If you are someone who meets this criteria…this program is for you!
Volunteers at the Emory Clinic have the opportunity to assist in many ways to positively impact the patient experience, including:
- Assisting Clinical Departments
- Ensuring smooth patient flow
- Interacting with patients and their families
- Interacting with Emory Clinic staff, leaders, and care providers
Volunteers are based throughout Emory Clinic Locations:
- 1365 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
- Orthopaedics and Spine Center at Executive Park
- Brain Health Center at Executive Park
- Emory ASC in Dunwoody, GA
How to Get Involved:
Emory Clinic hosts Open Houses periodically throughout the year for individuals who are interested in serving as a volunteer. Open House is designed for prospect volunteers to receive an introduction to Emory Clinic, learn about the role, conduct, and expectations of our volunteers, as well as introduce them to the placements that are available throughout Emory Clinic. Invites to Open House are sent to individuals after they fill out the online application below.
- Read the Emory Clinic Volunteer Program Manual
- Complete Online Application
- Send in Volunteer Documents
- Once submission of required documents is complete, you will be invited to our next Open House Session
Requesting a Volunteer?
If you are a Department at Emory Clinic that would like to request a Volunteer, please fill out the Department Volunteer Request Form, and our Volunteer Program Coordinator will be in touch with you.
If you have any other questions, or specific concerns, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
For more information about volunteer opportunties, please call:
- Emory University Hospital 404-712-0375
- Emory University Hospital Midtown 404-712-0375
- Winship Cancer Institute 404-778-2405
- Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital 678-843-7292
- Emory Johns Creek Hospital 648-474-7028
- Emory Rehabilitation Hospital 404-712-0375