Children and young adults can develop cavities, gum disease, infections or other conditions involving the jaws that cause pain and swelling. This may require teeth removal or treatment of infections and jaw problems. We are able to treat all problems affecting the teeth, gums, mouth, and jaws. Children and young adults may be worried or nervous about having to see and be treated by a pediatric oral surgeon. We are able to use medicines to put your child to sleep while we treat them to ensure the experience is a good one for you and your child.
Types of Pediatric Oral Surgery Performed at Emory
- Tooth extraction
- Exposing teeth that have remained buried under the gum
- Treatment of infections of the jaw
- Surgery for abnormal lumps, bumps, and growths
- Surgery to fix broken jaws
- Surgery to correct jaws that are too big or too small
- Surgery to correct tongue tie
- Surgery to correct cleft lip and palate
- Surgery of the jaw joint
Make an Appointment with Emory Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
We provide oral maxillofacial specialty care for adults and children. For information, call 404-778-4500.
Find an oral maxillofacial doctor at Emory Healthcare