Find one of the country’s strongest oral and maxillofacial surgery care programs for adults and children. We give you the best surgery for dental conditions and injuries or conditions of the face, jaw, or mouth.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Improve Your Appearance, Reduce Pain
What is Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery?
Oral surgery includes specialty dental procedures performed on your gums, jaw, or teeth. This includes routine and complex oral surgeries, such as abscess treatment, dental implants, and wisdom tooth extraction.
Maxillofacial surgery corrects or treats conditions or injuries of the face, jaw, or mouth. Treatments reduce or relieve pain and improve function and appearance. We treat conditions that affect the:
- Bones and tissues of the face and jaw
- Roof of your mouth (palate)
Oral and Maxillofacial Services
Our expert surgeons work to improve the care we provide continuously. We consult with community orthodontists and lead research studies. Our areas of specialty include:
- Orthognathic surgery. We correct jaw abnormalities to improve chewing, facial symmetry, function, sleep apnea, and speaking. Our practice is one of the busiest in the southeastern U.S.
- Pediatric oral maxillofacial surgery. Our pediatric specialists treat conditions caused by growth abnormalities, pathology and trauma, including cleft lip and palate. We provide care at Children’s Hospital of Atlanta in Egleston.
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) surgery. We perform more TMJ replacements than any other center in the U.S. We are a regional referral and research center for TMJ care.
Expert Care and Treatment
Our nationally renowned oral and maxillofacial surgeons use innovative diagnostic, inpatient and outpatient services and treatments to manage conditions and injuries that affect the tissues and bones of the face and mouth.
The services and treatments we provide include:
- Bone grafts to the maxilla and mandible
- Cleft lip and palate surgery
- Craniofacial deformity surgery
- Dentoalveolar surgery, dental implants and wisdom teeth removal
- Evaluation and surgical management of nerve injuries (lingual and inferior alveolar)
- Facial and jaw reconstruction
- IV sedation and general anesthesia
- Management of maxillofacial pathology
- Maxillofacial trauma surgery
- Orthognathic surgery
- Pediatric oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Preprosthetic surgery
- Sleep apnea surgery/excessive snoring surgery
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) surgery
Make an Appointment with Emory Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
To make an appointment, please call 404-778-4500.